When a doctor diagnoses cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of the treatment are inextricably linked. This is because this disease is considered complex and multi-level. This or that symptom tells not only about the stage of the disease, but also what exactly it extends and which vital areas of the body were affected.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- When the nerve endings of the spine are compressed, the symptoms take on their characteristic features. There is pain in the neck, arms and throat, which can immediately affect other areas such as the back. Breathing and swallowing can be difficult, and the tongue feels numb or “swollen”. Noises can be heard in the ears and stabbing pain is possible, vision is "cloudy" and "darkened" in the eyes. A person begins to experience severe malaise affecting various organs, possibly a feeling of severe tiredness and apathy. There is a desire to lie down and rest. There is usually no relief after the rest.
- The vertebral artery loses its ability to completely feed the brain. This threatens with the appearance of headache (constant or periodic), loss of coordination when walking, dizziness and loss of consciousness. In addition, disorders in the form of confusion, hallucinations, and mental disorders are possible. A person may feel fine at some point, and after doing some physical effort, one of these symptoms will appear.
- With circulatory disorders, high blood pressure, tachycardia and spinal stroke occur. Obstructed vessel vegetovascular dystonia and arrhythmia is observed until the osteochondrosis is completely cured.
- The intracranial pressure increases, and symptoms such as a feeling of "swelling" of the head caused by severe pain, weakness and vomiting, dizziness and a sharp collapse appear.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
A person who has experienced symptoms of osteochondrosis of the neck in the form of pain and stiffness of movements can quickly relieve their condition. Painkillers must be taken. Ointments have an effective effect, they are economical to spend. When taking pain relievers, you need to pay attention to the dosage and contraindications.
After alleviating the patient's condition, he should consult a doctor. We must remember that analgesics only mask the symptoms, but cannot get rid of the disease. Regardless, it should be noted that in the case of pain that is reflected from the neck to the back, arms and legs, ointments are applied exclusively to the neck. But, despite the fact that a person did not go to the doctor, he cannot know the exact diagnosis. And he tries to "treat" everything at once, with only one allergic effect.
Treatment is prescribed only after a full examination and diagnosis. It aims to improve blood circulation in the affected areas, relieve swelling and tension, and get rid of pain. For this purpose, analgesics in the form of ointments or injections (antispasmodic) are used.
Important!It is necessary to take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors, and vitamins B 6 and B 12.
Vasodilators work in different ways. These are neurotropic drugs that reduce the nerve impulse and act myotropically and act on the muscles themselves. Due to their action, the tone of the walls of the vessels decreases and their lumen becomes larger, which increases blood flow to the brain.
Physiotherapy procedures help relieve pain and alleviate the patient's condition. Electrophoresis, paraffin and water procedures, magnetotherapy, ultrasound and UV irradiation are successfully used in this disease. Massage (not strong) and therapeutic gymnastics (regular) have proven their worth. Wearing special medical collars supports the head and neck.
An alternative and in other cases a supplement to the treatment is special gymnastics.
Folk remedies for the relief of diseases
- Gentle massage with warm honey. It is necessary to rub very carefully, then wrap the neck, thus warming the honey.
- rubbing with compounds that heat the sore spot. They can be based on alcohol - infusions of pepper, garlic, you can use fresh parts of these plants (horseradish, onions, radishes are also suitable).
- Warm pine baths. A brew of 0. 5 kg is prepared. Needles and 2 liters. Water. This bath is taken within half an hour.
It is necessary to closely monitor the body's allergic reactions to the ingredients used, remembering that these remedies relieve the disease, but do not cure it.
A person who has problems with the spine in the cervical spine must regularly devote time to this area in order to be able to move fully again and not face this problem in the future.
Regarding the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, the following should be observed:
- the importance of diet - foods should be rich in calcium and magnesium (dairy and fish products, legumes and grains) and vitamins.
- The need to spend time maintaining the physical shape of the body (swimming is very useful), then the muscular corset of the neck will be strong enough and will reduce the load on the spine.
- The importance of eliminating (or lessening) factors in your life that cause cervical osteochondrosis. Symptoms and treatment are uncomfortable and tedious, and prevention is quite simple and easy.